The Rover-Landers club, 2019 online membership form & payment, is now available: Club Membership.
Note: This link is for the club membership. Forum registration is separate and does not require you to join the club, but we do encourage you to join!

Off Road Fine law now in force...

DaveB
Defender of the World

Off Road Fine law now in force...

#1 Post by DaveB » Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:24 pm

Thanks to Amanda Tarry from 4wdabc for this link:

From the Ministry of Forests News Release
http://www.for.gov.bc.ca/pscripts/pab/n ... earchtext=

Is your mud worth $100,000 and a year in jail?”
http://www.for.gov.bc.ca/hen/reports/index.htm

Photos illustrating damage to ecosystems caused by off-road vehicles
http://www.for.gov.bc.ca/pab/media

Kind of raised my eyebrows when the featured vehicle on the front of their brochure is a Defender 90

Dave

exmod90
Wing Nut

#2 Post by exmod90 » Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:17 am

Yesterday , at the entrance lobby in Barkerville , they had several posters on a bulletin board captioned ' Is your Mud worth 100,000.00 and a year in jail ? ' As Dave mentioned , there is a photo of a LR90 covered in mud ; the LR90 has rock sliders , custom bumper , winch and BFG's [ white lettering ] . Next to the photo of the LR90 , is a large photo of an off trail torn up landscape . Why a photo of a LR90 is perplexing / interesting ? These posters are also in Wells [ restaurants , the gas bar ] .

The reason I mention this is that I was approached in the lobby in Barkerville [ I can only assume because I was wearing my Rover Lander vest ] and my LR90 was just parked outside the door . This lady [ who is familiar with Land Rovers and who drives a Series ii ] was amused that a Land Rover [ the photo ] was somehow related/associated to the off trail landscape damage . Well , I guess Land Rover fame does have it's distractions . Needless to say , we had an interesting chat .

On a positive , the weather in Barkerville was clear and 24c .
Series 1 , 86" Station Wagon
1986 Land Rover 90 [ exmod ] , soft top
2004 Land Rover Discovery SE

yuppa

#3 Post by yuppa » Wed Dec 17, 2008 11:12 pm

ironic they would use a land rover in the picture.. Im sure most LR offroaders are part of the more responsible group.

DaveB
Defender of the World

#4 Post by DaveB » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:20 am

On a positive note, their new full colour brochure now features no Land Rovers anywhere throughout. I guess it pays to complain to your MLA even if you don't get a response to your email...

Dave

Bill E.
Jacked Up

#5 Post by Bill E. » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:48 am

Cool, How do I get my hands on one of these posters!

DaveB
Defender of the World

#6 Post by DaveB » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:49 am

Hey Bill, I handed around copies at the last meeting...

Dave