Uztlius and Spius FSR

bhoult
Judge Dredd Wannabe

Uztlius and Spius FSR

#1 Post by bhoult » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:17 pm

Hi all,

I'm wondering what's been going on up between Boston Bar and Merritt. Can we still pick up the power line road off of Uztlius FSR and drive it up to Spius Creek FSR? Some of my snowmobile friends are telling me that there's been a lot of work going on off the Spius Cr FSR and it's like a highway - and that access to Cabin lake from the Silver lake access road is no longer possible. It's been awhile since I was up that way since I've had to cancel so many trips over the last two years - just wonder if anyone knows what's really going on.

Thanks -.b
-.bryan

1990 RRC

Colb45
Apprentice

Re: Uztlius and Spius FSR

#2 Post by Colb45 » Wed Nov 14, 2018 7:03 am

So the road from Cabin lake to Silver lake... I would not attempt that ever again. The over growth is so bad, i was using satellite imagery to see where i was going, the alders are so badly over grown in sections all you see is green out the windshield. The road is passible-ish for a quad... only cleared a couple dozen trees along the way but I wouldn't go back in there again.

Back in September (2018) Spius Creek FSR was pretty decent shape, we turned off in Kings vale went up Murray Lake Road then tagged on to Spius creek, then attempted for reach cabin lake from Silver Lake.. which we never did make it due to time constraints. I havent had the chance to drive down Uztlius FSR but from what i have hear its a normal FSR should be a decent drive.
18 Taco - 2.5" Rancho Lift, Rancho UCA, Add a leaf, Truck Hero Overlander cover
07 LR3 HSE - Voyager Rack & Ladder, 265/65-18 BF KO2s, Tepui RTT, Drifta Drawers, ARB Element, many more bits to come
04 Jetta GLI - Built...