Note: Registered users of the Rover-Landers forum are not automatically Rover-Landers club members. If you wish to join our club, please follow the instructions at Rover-Landers Membership

suggestions for 1 day solo trip out of Vancouver?

flarover
Apprentice

suggestions for 1 day solo trip out of Vancouver?

#1 Post by flarover » Thu Sep 21, 2017 9:30 pm

Anyone have suggestions for a 1 day trip out of Vancouver Nothing too challenging but don't mind some rough spots. Just looking for some offroading we can do without the comfort of other vehicles and get a little outdoor time.
2004 Disco II
2" lift, front winch bumper, rear recovery bumper,
snorkel, full rack, 360 lights

ANDYD
Defender of the World

Re: suggestions for 1 day solo trip out of Vancouver?

#2 Post by ANDYD » Fri Sep 22, 2017 9:17 am

Its a nice full day run up the East side of Harrison Lake, over the Kookpiki FSR to Nahatlatch Lakes. Brings you out at Boston Bar, head down highway one back to town. Could do it in reverse too, head up to Boston Bar first and back down to Harrison Hot Springs.
It will be a full day, but nice scenic drive, nothing to crazy. Starts snowing up there in October so don't do it too late in the year.

Another good day out is to head up to Blowdown Pass near Duffey Lake, again, snow starts in October up there.

Check out the photo gallery, you will see lots of one day trips from past years ....
1991 Defender 110 / 2003 Discovery / 1956 Series 1- 86

rgallant
Blithering Barnacle

#3 Post by rgallant » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:59 pm

The East Harrison to Boston Bar is very nice drive, I have done that route a fair bit. There is a small campground to the left just after you hit the Nahatlatch Fsr heading towards Boston Bar that is nice place to stop and eat. It is a little tricky to find as is it and almost 180 deg left turn that does not look like much.

I traveled it in an 97 Pathfinder open on both ends to give you an idea of difficulty.
2004 Discovery - stockish

acg
Captain Crunch

#4 Post by acg » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:28 am

rgallant wrote:The East Harrison to Boston Bar is very nice drive, I have done that route a fair bit. There is a small campground to the left just after you hit the Nahatlatch Fsr heading towards Boston Bar that is nice place to stop and eat. It is a little tricky to find as is it and almost 180 deg left turn that does not look like much.

I traveled it in an 97 Pathfinder open on both ends to give you an idea of difficulty.
Hi Richard,

Greetings from Chilliwack and a fellow Disco owner. I am a transplant from the States and have not done this drive. Would love to join you if you are headed to East Harrison/Bostopn Bar.
Andrew
2003 Discovery SE7 Alveston Red, CDL, 2" OME, 275/65R18, Bajarack, Baroud, Winch Bumper

acg
Captain Crunch

#5 Post by acg » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:28 am

rgallant wrote:The East Harrison to Boston Bar is very nice drive, I have done that route a fair bit. There is a small campground to the left just after you hit the Nahatlatch Fsr heading towards Boston Bar that is nice place to stop and eat. It is a little tricky to find as is it and almost 180 deg left turn that does not look like much.

Hi Richard,

Greetings from Chilliwack and a fellow Disco owner. I am a transplant from the States and have not done this drive. Would love to join you if you are headed to East Harrison/Boston Bar anytime this year.
Andrew
2003 Discovery SE7 Alveston Red, CDL, 2" OME, 275/65R18, Bajarack, Baroud, Winch Bumper

rgallant
Blithering Barnacle

#6 Post by rgallant » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:14 pm

Andrew, I would like to do it as a final shake down for my Discovery while travelling with someone else - but time is iffy for me for a while and it starts getting white up there soon. If time works out I will put up a post. It is a very easy day drive - if you get a decent start time sort of leave Harrison around 9:30 -10:00 ish.
2004 Discovery - stockish

acg
Captain Crunch

#7 Post by acg » Tue Sep 26, 2017 1:19 pm

rgallant wrote:Andrew, I would like to do it as a final shake down for my Discovery while travelling with someone else - but time is iffy for me for a while and it starts getting white up there soon. If time works out I will put up a post. It is a very easy day drive - if you get a decent start time sort of leave Harrison around 9:30 -10:00 ish.
Sounds good Richard!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Andrew

bsa_m21
Cross Member

#8 Post by bsa_m21 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 8:36 pm

Andrew

I now have my winch and large off-road tire installed in my D1 and need to test her out before I decide if I want to take her to the NW Challenge next month. I can be available pretty much any weekend.

Martin
Martin
=======
'52 S1 - Runcle
'96 Discovery 1 - Hothead
'80 Triumph TR7v8 (Rover 4L) - Myrtle

acg
Captain Crunch

#9 Post by acg » Fri Sep 29, 2017 10:13 am

Hi Marty,

I can't do it this weekend, but possibly Monday Oct 9th (which is the Thanksgiving long weekend).
Andrew