The Rover-Landers of BC

Forum for Land Rover enthusiasts
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:21 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

----- Paid Advertisement -----

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:30 pm 
Apprentice

Anyone have suggestions for a 1 day trip out of Vancouver Nothing too challenging but don't mind some rough spots. Just looking for some offroading we can do without the comfort of other vehicles and get a little outdoor time.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:17 am 
Defender of the World

Its a nice full day run up the East side of Harrison Lake, over the Kookpiki FSR to Nahatlatch Lakes. Brings you out at Boston Bar, head down highway one back to town. Could do it in reverse too, head up to Boston Bar first and back down to Harrison Hot Springs.
It will be a full day, but nice scenic drive, nothing to crazy. Starts snowing up there in October so don't do it too late in the year.

Another good day out is to head up to Blowdown Pass near Duffey Lake, again, snow starts in October up there.

Check out the photo gallery, you will see lots of one day trips from past years ....

PostPosted: Fri Sep 22, 2017 11:59 am 
Apprentice

The East Harrison to Boston Bar is very nice drive, I have done that route a fair bit. There is a small campground to the left just after you hit the Nahatlatch Fsr heading towards Boston Bar that is nice place to stop and eat. It is a little tricky to find as is it and almost 180 deg left turn that does not look like much.

I traveled it in an 97 Pathfinder open on both ends to give you an idea of difficulty.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:28 am 
Toe'd Array

rgallant wrote:
The East Harrison to Boston Bar is very nice drive, I have done that route a fair bit. There is a small campground to the left just after you hit the Nahatlatch Fsr heading towards Boston Bar that is nice place to stop and eat. It is a little tricky to find as is it and almost 180 deg left turn that does not look like much.

I traveled it in an 97 Pathfinder open on both ends to give you an idea of difficulty.

Hi Richard,

Greetings from Chilliwack and a fellow Disco owner. I am a transplant from the States and have not done this drive. Would love to join you if you are headed to East Harrison/Bostopn Bar.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:28 am 
Toe'd Array

rgallant wrote:

Hi Richard,

Greetings from Chilliwack and a fellow Disco owner. I am a transplant from the States and have not done this drive. Would love to join you if you are headed to East Harrison/Boston Bar anytime this year.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:14 pm 
Apprentice

Andrew, I would like to do it as a final shake down for my Discovery while travelling with someone else - but time is iffy for me for a while and it starts getting white up there soon. If time works out I will put up a post. It is a very easy day drive - if you get a decent start time sort of leave Harrison around 9:30 -10:00 ish.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 12:19 pm 
Toe'd Array

rgallant wrote:
Andrew, I would like to do it as a final shake down for my Discovery while travelling with someone else - but time is iffy for me for a while and it starts getting white up there soon. If time works out I will put up a post. It is a very easy day drive - if you get a decent start time sort of leave Harrison around 9:30 -10:00 ish.

Sounds good Richard!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2017 7:36 pm 
Crank Case

Andrew

I now have my winch and large off-road tire installed in my D1 and need to test her out before I decide if I want to take her to the NW Challenge next month. I can be available pretty much any weekend.

Martin

'96 Discovery 1 - Hothead

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:13 am 
Toe'd Array

Hi Marty,

I can't do it this weekend, but possibly Monday Oct 9th (which is the Thanksgiving long weekend).