Note: This forum is paid for and managed by the Rover-Landers of BC club. Forum registration and use is free and does not require you to join our club. However, we do encourage you to become a member and participate in our club activites. Our online club membership form is available at: Club Membership.

17th Annual Vancouver Island Rally June 7th, 8th & 9th

Details of Rover-related activities posted here
cbalme
Captain Crunch

17th Annual Vancouver Island Rally June 7th, 8th & 9th

#1 Post by cbalme » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:51 am

Copied from the Island Forum, please respond there if you are planning on coming.

17TH ANNUAL VANCOUVER ISLAND LAND-ROVER RALLY
June 7th, 8th and 9th 2019

This year's rally will be held again at 8957a Cranko Road, the home of Roy and Marg Lavigne in Chemainus BC. Turn West at the corner of the Trans Canada highway and Mount Sicker Road (Red Rooster gas bar and Russel’s Farm Market) go past the market staying on Mount Sicker Road it turns left. Follow Mount Sicker Road until you hit the T intersection of Mount Sicker Road and Cranko Road (Watch for the wind sock in the field) turn right on Cranko Road. The farm is on the right side a little ways down the road use the second driveway. Watch for the Land Rover direction signs, follow the signs. If you have not arrived in a British vehicle you will notice a parking sign marked OTHER that’s where you will park your none British vehicle.

Agenda - Friday June 7th arrive any time after 2:00 pm. Find a nice grassy camping spot in the field or the trees sorry no hookups but fresh water and a Loo will be provided. We hope to have a campfire that evening (if the Island does not have a fire ban). You are on your own for dinner on Friday.

Agenda -Saturday June 8th Drivers meeting at 9:15 am. We will leave the farm at 9:30 am. SHARP

This years Saturday drive will take us approximately 5 hours, there are multiple options for routes that day. There will be an easy run or longer, more scratchy route to Lois Lake in Glenora. However there is always the possibility for new scratches. If you are worried about scratches there is always a spare seat in another Rover.

Saturday nights dinner will again be Pot-luck bring enough to share. Side dishes are suggested, the desert will be provided. There will be a propane barbeque available at the farm. Dinner will be served at 5:00 pm. After dinner we may drive to Mt. Prevost if there is enough interest or relax at camp.

Agenda-Sunday June 10th- Pancake breakfast at 8:30 am. prepared by Shelly and Margaret. Pancakes, sausage, farm fresh eggs, and drinks will be provided if you want to contribute sticky buns etc please do. Afterwards there will be a short scratch run to Mt Sicker, we should be out of the bush by 4:00.

Some commonly asked questions.

Cost? Free all 3 fun filled days.
Is there a petrol station nearby? Yes petrol, diesel, propane, groceries and deli goods at the Red Rooster and Russel Farm markets. Top your tanks and your bellies for the Saturday drive.
Can I bring my non-British vehicle? Yes parking will be available for non-British Vehicles.
Can I bring my non-British vehicle on the drive? NO but there is always a spare seat available in somebody’s rover just ask. Sorry this is a Land Rover event.
Can I bring my hound? Yes as along as it gets along with people, kids, other hounds and you clean up after it. Your hound will have to be leashed when ever it is out of your rover. No exceptions.
Some other things to bring. Lawn chairs, portable tent, sun lotion or rain gear, extra clothes maybe a bathing suit the Chemanus river is very close to the farm. A dip may be nice after a long dusty day on the trail. A radio of some sort ham, cb, or frs. Camera and a lunch for the Saturday drive.

Check the Island section on the Rover landers of BC web forum for any updates. We would like to know how many are coming so please reply here if possible.

Please RSVP on the Island Section of the Forum. We need to know if you're coming, unless you want to make your own breakfast.

If there is enough interest by May 15th, we will order T-Shirts

T-Shirts commemorating the event will again be available, low range, neutral, high range and overdrive sizes. Colors available....green. Cut off date for ordering shirts is 2 weeks before the event. Cost is about $20 each.

If you have any questions feel free to post them or give us a call at 250-743-2273.

SEE YOU THERE!
Colin

1960 Series II 109 Pickup
1977 Series III Lightweight
1987 110 Station Wagon

ANDYD
Defender of the World

Re: 17th Annual Vancouver Island Rally June 7th, 8th & 9th

#2 Post by ANDYD » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:42 am

Always a well organized fun Land Rover event, if you are coming along post up in the "regional Discussion- Vancouver Island" tab ... that way we will get all the info in one place,

Hope to see you there ....
I======IooooI
|l __ l| __ ,\___,\___
l,---. l__ l,---._lO---Ol
(o)_) ~ ( (o)_)-o-)_)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1991 Defender 110 / 2018 Evoque / 1956 Series 1- 86