Forum for Land Rover enthusiasts
It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 8:29 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

----- Paid Advertisement -----

Post subject: LR4 18 Inch Wheels
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:10 pm 
Rookie

Hey everyone,

I've been doing some research on off-road wheel and tire options for my 2011 LR4. It seems options are scarce, I have 19's on right now which limits tire selection. For 18's, the only choice is the Compomotive, which is quite pricey once it's shipped up from the states.

My question: is there someone on the forum or a local shop that offers either the Compo 18" or an alternative solution? I was pretty sure I saw an 18" LR4 wheel package on craigslist, but I can't find the listing anymore. I'm hoping to run a 265/65 r18 BFG TKO2 or something similar. I plan on installing the Johnson rod lift kit.

*Once I find some wheels and tires, I will be selling the 19" stock wheels with brand new Michelin all seasons if anyone is interested.

This is my first Land Rover, so I don't know my way around this stuff quite yet. I appreciate any help

Post subject: Re: LR4 18 Inch Wheels
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:01 am 
Grease Monkey

disco4 wrote:
Hey everyone,

I've been doing some research on off-road wheel and tire options for my 2011 LR4. It seems options are scarce, I have 19's on right now which limits tire selection. For 18's, the only choice is the Compomotive, which is quite pricey once it's shipped up from the states.

My question: is there someone on the forum or a local shop that offers either the Compo 18" or an alternative solution? I was pretty sure I saw an 18" LR4 wheel package on craigslist, but I can't find the listing anymore. I'm hoping to run a 265/65 r18 BFG TKO2 or something similar. I plan on installing the Johnson rod lift kit.

*Once I find some wheels and tires, I will be selling the 19" stock wheels with brand new Michelin all seasons if anyone is interested.

This is my first Land Rover, so I don't know my way around this stuff quite yet. I appreciate any help

Where are you located. If in Vancouver BC area go to HESP Automotive in North Van they have 18” wheels and tire packages.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 4:41 pm 
Junkyard Master

Are you looking for steel or alloy wheels?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:55 pm 
Wrung Out

When I was at Overland Journal we did a build with 20” rims and 33” tires. With a 30mm spacer they just fit.
That gave us a lot more MT options.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 6:47 am 
Rookie

I was hoping for an alloy. The compomotive's would be nice if I could source them locally (Victoria/Vancouver)

If that's not possible I'm open to any options. Would like to avoid putting a spacer on, which I understand is hard on the bearings etc.

Thanks

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:24 am 
Grease Monkey

As I said HESP has 18” wheel and tire options. They are also an excellent spot to get repairs and maintenance done. I believe all the wheels they have are steel but they may know where to get alloy.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:55 pm 
Apprentice

Hesp put ads on Craigslist too:
https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/nvn/pts/d/lr3-lr4-off-road-18-rims/6333770397.html
This might be what you previously saw?