Note: Registered users of the Rover-Landers forum are not automatically Rover-Landers club members. If you wish to join our club, please follow the instructions at Rover-Landers Membership

Speedi-Sleeves, right here in Langley

The_Anachronist
Over Inflated

Speedi-Sleeves, right here in Langley

#1 Post by The_Anachronist » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:23 pm

So we have all probably had to (or plan to) buy a few Speedi Sleeves for various shaft seal leaks. I'm here to tell you: Don't.

There is a shop on 96th at about 195th (technically Surrey but pretty much Langley) called Dura Sleeve. The chap who owns it is named Rudy, and he is an incredibly nice guy, who has a similar but superior product (he was in on the original, but I'll let him tell you about that). The difference is that his are hard chromed on the sealing surface, making them incredibly durable (and made locally right in that shop).

He's totally into types likes us, who are working on various weird things. He has a wide selection in stock - not absolutely everything I needed, but I think all but 2 or something. He can make anything, but the tooling-up costs are prohibitive of course.

And the sleeves are much, much cheaper if you go and visit - like really amazingly cheaper. He'll even show you how to do it if you never have.

Make friends with Rudy, support his business and get your shafts sealed.

http://www.durasleeve.com
1963 S2a 109 Station Wagon, restoration started Oct. 17, 2015.

swamijake
Miss Fire

Re: Speedi-Sleeves, right here in Langley

#2 Post by swamijake » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:13 am

Thanks for this post. I love to hear about local people with interesting shops/products.

On the same vane, and I know they've been mentioned here before:

Brake and clutch relining:

Aldous D V & Co Ltd
Phone: (604) 876-2226
3505 Fraser St, Vancouver, BC

The_Anachronist
Over Inflated

Re: Speedi-Sleeves, right here in Langley

#3 Post by The_Anachronist » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:47 pm

Sadly DV Aldous closed down a few years back. There’s rumoured to be a guy in Langley that still does it...
1963 S2a 109 Station Wagon, restoration started Oct. 17, 2015.