Swaziland Rovers

cbalme
Over Inflated

Swaziland Rovers

#1 Post by cbalme » Fri Apr 06, 2018 10:28 pm

Over spring break I went on a Service trip to Swaziland to build a Home Economics centre at a High School which was an hours drive away from Mbabane. On the weekends we visited game parks where I saw a few 110s being used for what they're built for.

The Game Trucks at Mkhaya.
Image Image

A 110 in a very sad state being used to carry bags.

Watching the Rhinos at Mkhaya. These ones were raised by the Game Rangers so they didn't charge us.

A 110 and some Land Cruiser looking thing at Mlilwane

We went on a Morning game drive after a heavy rainstorm and got the Land Rover stuck in a creek. It was bogged down pretty bad.
Image Image

Luckily we had a Hi-Lift jack and lots of helpers to push the rear end out of the hole it dug and back onto the track. It felt like the Camel Trophy riding on the side to put weight on the tires when we drove it out of the mud.

On another Safari at Hlane we had to change a tire in the Rhino inclosure on our Land Cruiser. We put the spare on which turned out to be flat as well so we used a Bicycle pump to inflate it. The truck ended up falling off the jack because the wheels were not chocked on the hill.
Colin

ANDYD
Defender of the World

Re: Swaziland Rovers

#2 Post by ANDYD » Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:53 am

Hey Colin, Looks like a great trip! Awesome experience.
Love the photo with the Rhinos and LR's. I'm sure you gave them some good tips on how to get unstuck from that creek
1991 Defender 110 / 2003 Discovery / 1956 Series 1- 86

cbalme
Over Inflated

Re: Swaziland Rovers

#3 Post by cbalme » Sun Apr 08, 2018 10:27 pm

Thanks Andy, I had a great time!

I did give some advice but he knew what he was doing. I helped push it off the jack after it he lifted the rear end out of the hole.
Colin